Its great to be welcoming you back! Find out how we're keeping everyone safe at Coniston Boating Centre.
There's lots of boat hire to choose from! Let our electric motor boats take the strain. Or maybe you'd like to row, row, row your boat in our rowing boats? All well behaved dogs are welcome on board. WOOF!
Try out sit on top kayaks, open Canadian canoes and have fun splashing about on paddle boards. If you can sail why not hire one of our sailing dinghies and follow in the wake of Arthur Ransome's "Swallows and Amazons"?
Keeping you safe
Now we have reopened we have put a few measures in place to ensure the safety of our staff and customers:
- One household or bubble per boat, maximum 6 people (babies are included in this 6).
- Online bookings only.
- New safe distance queuing system.
- Contact-free check-in at kiosk.
- Contact-free safety briefings.
- Every boat is sanitised between each trip.
- Every buoyancy aid is sanitised between each use.
- The Bluebird cafe is open.
- The public toilets here are open.
- We have a staggered booking process to avoid crowds, to book multiple boats you need to book multiple time slots. For example if you are wanting to book two kayaks at 10am you would need to book one at 10:00 and one at 10:15. We will then do our best to ensure you go out at the same time.
Seat up to 8 people in one of our motor boats whilst you explore the beautiful scenery Coniston Water has to offer.Motor boat hire prices and online booking
Coniston Water is one of the Lake District's most beautiful lakes and there's no better way to take it all in than by rowing boat!Rowing boat hire prices and online booking
Seating 2 people the open canoe is a great way to enjoy the lake with friends and family. Canadian canoes can only be hired out to 2 people per boat.Open canoe hire prices and online booking
Fancy testing your balance out? Paddle boards are great fun - show off, paddle off, and possibly fall off!Paddleboard hire prices and online booking
Explore Coniston Water at your own pace in our kayaksKayak hire prices and online booking
Sailing dinghies are not currently available for hire.Sailing dinghy hire prices and online booking
Where to go
From the water you can see magnificent views of The Old Man of Coniston mountain. Cruise past John Ruskin's house at Brantwood or head south towards Peel Island. Take a look at the Coniston lake users' guide leaflet (PDF) and Coniston map (PDF).
Every boat hire includes instruction from one of our trained staff. Safety equipment such as buoyancy aids is also covered.
For more information, please call us on 015394 41366 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org