Its great to be welcoming you back! Find out how we're keeping everyone safe at Coniston Boating Centre.
Motor boat hire in the Lake District
Keeping you safe
Now we have reopened we have put a few measures in place to ensure the safety of our staff and customers:
- One household or bubble per boat, maximum 6 people (babies are included in this 6).
- Online bookings only.
- New safe distance queuing system.
- Contact-free check-in at kiosk.
- Contact-free safety briefings.
- Every boat is sanitised between each trip.
- Every buoyancy aid is sanitised between each use.
- The Bluebird cafe is open.
- The public toilets here are open.
- We have a staggered booking process to avoid crowds.
Take a moment to relax on one of our electric motor boats
If you’ve come to the lakes to have a relaxing time with family and friends then our electric motor boats or the perfect way to make memorable moments. Our hire boats are easy to steer meaning that anyone (including our four legged friends) can steer them around Coniston Water.
Plus with a backdrop as epic as The Old Man of Coniston and Grizedale forest, there is no better place in the Lake District to enjoy the freedom of driving your own speed boat.
What you will need
- Buoyancy aid*
- A brief instruction before hire*
- Clothing and footwear you don't mind getting wet, our boats are covered, but it better not ve caught out be the Lake District weather.
- Hot weather - suncream and a bottle of water (it happens, sometimes)
- Cold weather - warm clothing, a change of clothes and extra snacks (it happens, a lot of the time)
- We suggest bringing a mobile phone in case of emergencies, dry bags can be purchased from our shop
- A waterproof jacket and trousers would also be recommended
*We provide these for you.
Please book in advance to guarantee availability.
Motor boat hire charges
All motor boat hires are maximum 1 hour due to Covid-19 restrictions. Online bookings only.
- 1 or 2 people: £30
- 3 or 4 people: £40
- 5 or 6 people: £45
You can book motor boats online using our secure booking system.
Please note, to book multiple motor boats you will need to book multiple time slots as a result of our Covid-19 measures. For example if you are wanting to book two motor boats at 10am you would need to book one at 10:00 and one at 10:15. We will then do our best to ensure you go out at the same time.
For more information, please call us on 015394 41366 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org