Its great to be welcoming you back! Find out how we're keeping everyone safe at Coniston Boating Centre.
Sailing dinghy hire on Coniston Water
Update 18 June 2020:
Sadly our sailing dinghies are not available for hire at the moment. Our team are keeping everyone safe with social distancing and cleaning for our hires of motor boats, rowing boats, kayaks and paddleboards.
Get the wind in your sails on Coniston
If you’re a keen sailor but you’ve left your dinghy at home, don’t worry! We have two great sailing boats available for you to get sailing on Coniston Water with friends and family in the Lake District.
Plus with a backdrop as epic as The Old Man of Coniston and Grizedale forest, there is no better place to enjoy your favourite hobby in the beautiful Lake District. What better way to follow in the wake of Swallows and Amazons?
What you will need for sailing
- Buoyancy aid*
- A brief instruction before hire*
- Clothing and footwear you don't mind getting wet, we advise not to wear denim as we don’t want you getting cold!
- Hot weather - suncream and a bottle of water (it happens, sometimes)
- Cold weather - warm clothing, a change of clothes and extra snacks (it happens, a lot of the time)
- We suggest bringing a mobile phone in case of emergencies, dry bags can be purchased from our shop
- A waterproof jacket and trousers would also be recommended
*We provide these for you.
Please book in advance to guarantee availability.
We have a Hawk 20 for upto 6 adults. And for more experienced sailors a Laser Stratos, for upto 4 adults and 2 children.
Hawk 20 and Laser Stratos hire charges
|Number of people||2||4||6|
|Up to 2 hours||£55||£65||£80|
|Up to 4 hours||£75||£85||£95|
How to book
Boats are available to book for going out on the water from 1 April onwards.
If you have any questions, please call us on 015394 41366 or email us at email@example.com