Welcome to Coniston Boating Centre in the Lake District
On the beautiful shores of Coniston Water with stunning mountain backdrop, our friendly team will help you out on the water on a motor boat, kayak, canoe or paddle board.
We can't wait to welcome you back. Book your boat hire online today!
Keeping you safe
We have put a few measures in place to ensure the safety of our staff and customers:
- Online bookings only.
- New safe distance queuing system.
- Contact-free check-in at kiosk.
- Contact-free safety briefings.
- Every boat is sanitised between each trip.
- Every buoyancy aid is sanitised between each use.
- The Bluebird cafe is open from 2nd April.
- The public toilets here are open.
- We have a staggered booking process to avoid crowds, to book multiple boats you need to book multiple time slots. For example if you are wanting to book two kayaks at 10am you would need to book one at 10:00 and one at 10:15. We will then do our best to ensure you go out at the same time.
Find out about the changes we've made to keep everyone safe
When can recreational boating take place?
From the 8th March self drive day hire of boats is permitted for the purpose of open air recreation in a public outdoor place (the vessel must be open air) for single household/bubble only. From the 29th March self drive day hire of boats is permitted for 6 people / 2 households per boat if the vessel is open air.