Boat and bike hire terms and conditions
Coniston Boating Centre boat and bike hire bookings are subject to our terms and conditions. By proceeding with a booking and hiring a boat or bike from us you agree that these will apply.
You can contact us about boat and bike hire by calling us on 015394 41366.
Conditions of hire
- You will take responsibility for yourself and all people in your party.
- You and your passengers must not be under influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You and your passengers will wear a buoyancy aid at all times.
- You are competent to manage the hired boat following instruction.
- You are aware of any dangers and will act in a careful and responsible manner at all times.
- You are over 16 in the case of powered boats.
- You are over 14 in the case of non-powered boats.
- You will not exceed the maximum number of passengers stated on the boat.
- You and your passengers will not leave the main seating area of the boat or swim from the boat.
- You must keep one hundred metres from the shore at all times in power driven boats.
- You will pay for any damage caused by you or your passengers' negligence to both the hired boat and any third party involved.
- From time to time Coniston Boating Centre or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the site, which may feature guests. Entry to the site is deemed acceptance of these Entry Conditions, and you therefore agree that the Lake District National Park Authority or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Merlin or such authorised party (as the case may be).
Dinghies, canoes and kayaks
- You are happy to right a capsize and look after yourself and your crew.
- You are capable of rigging and de-rigging a dinghy.
- You are capable of sailing a triangular course in a dinghy.
- You are capable of recovering a person overboard.
- You are capable of landing the dinghy or canoe on the jetty and shore.
- Previous experience required for Canadian canoe hire. You are aware of capsize risks and can look after yourself and your passengers.
- Valid ID must be left in the form of a credit / debit card or photo ID.
- Hirer is responsible for the security and condition of the cycle whilst in their care.
- Cycle must be returned on time. A charge will be made for late returns.
- Helmets must be worn at all times.
- Highway code must be observed.
- Hirer is responsible for their own safety at all times.
- A puncture repair kit is provided and punctures are the responsibility of the hirer.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please ring us on 015394 41366 to discuss your requirements.
- Bookings are taken by Coniston Boating Centre staff as well as our our contact centre and information centre staff by telephone or in person at the counter. Or by customers directly through our booking website.
- You will be issued with a booking reference which you will need to present to Coniston Boating Centre staff on the day.
Your credit or debit card details will be requested to purchase your ticket(s). If booking online, your credit or debit card details will be requested to complete your purchase and a "print-at-home" ticket will be generated. Full payment, as itemised, shall be debited by SagePay and your account statement will identify the transaction as "Lake District N P".
Cancellation by you
A full refund will be given up to 48 hours before the activity; alternatively, we will transfer your booking to another date.
Cancellation by us
Boat and bike hire are weather dependent. If we determine that the weather conditions on the day are not suitable for the type of hire you have booked, we will need to cancel your booking in accordance with our cancellation policy.
If we need to cancel your booking we will offer you a full refund or with your consent, transfer your booking to another date.